26 June 2014
- Poppy plantations, the consumption and injection of narcotic drugs, their production and the trade have significantly increased in the Union of Burma. This has been a grave concern that RCSS (Restoration Council of the Shan State) now pays deep attention to the drug eradication issues and open the opportunity to each and every organization and the public to cooperate nation-wide.
- After its establishment in 1999, the RCSS has been combating on narcotic drugs both inside Shan State and along the Thai-Shan border. There are evidences of these activities that have been witnessed by the international communities.
- After the 9 point agreement reached at the tripartite meeting between the RCSS, the UNODC and the government in Tachilek on 27-28 October 2012, the RCSS has been making effort in approaching the government for the cooperation and the implementation of the agreement. However, nothing can yet be achieved up to this day.
- As the problem of narcotic drugs has been affecting the economy, education, health care, peace process and the development of the country, the RCSS believes the political issues should also be settled as soon as possible.
- The RCSS encourages the government to strictly adhere to the agreement and implement it accordingly.
Central Executive Committee
Restoration Council of the Shan State